Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Grand Canyon


Boy, this year has been tough. And I can't really divulge why yet - I'm in a holding pattern for a big change and can't really get too much into it. Los Angeles is one of those places that is really a petrie dish for this type of thing - unresolved issues, dangling participles, holding patterns, wait and see, try to relax. All the platitudes I just don't do well with. Hey, maybe I'm in the *wrong city* which of course I think about constantly. But what does exist out here is the air of possibilities. It really is possible to change your life at any age out here and no one blinks an eye. Not that you can't change your life elsewhere, but it seems that elsewhere, that's not really a goal. Here, it's almost a daily goal. Anyway, when the going gets tough (and believe me, it has been), I reflect on the Grand Canyon, which we saw for the first time about two months ago. It's hard to describe it, really. It really does look fake. But in a good way. Like Los Angeles! Here's my favorite photo of the trip.

3 comments:

  1. Change is necessary, change is welcome, change is delish! GO FOR IT. Now or never

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome image...really did you take it??? Looks like a postcard

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks mama. yes, i really took it! change is hard and life is change but if you put movement in your life, you'll get movement in your life. whew!

    ReplyDelete