Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Loving the friends and parents of friends.


This picture is also from the Grand Canyon - we stayed in Williams, Arizona at an old brothel. This was hanging out our window when we came into the room. Very funny, and clever. Williams is a great little town, and only about an hour from the Grand Canyon (the reviews for Grand Canyon hotels were so bad I looked nearby).

I'm still waiting to hear about my big change.

A friend's Mom died today. It's so sad, because her Dad just died as well. Both her Mom and her Dad were lovely people, and very kind to me when I was in high school and really struggling to find my way. I wish I could tell the young people I know to not only love their friends but love the parents of their friends as well. After all, we are, all of us, not going to be around forever. Facebook is good for that kind of thing, but I don't want to come off too preachy.

More to come from me!

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes, the parents of friends are so important as we grow up.

    Your mom has always loved and welcomed me!!!! I always thought she was so cool with her New England Accent. And your dad, just adored us all. But mostly YOU!

    ReplyDelete