Monday, April 19, 2010

From this to this...




I know I've posted that wintry photo before. I just posted it again to illustrate how it was taken on a very early morning in Chicago. That SAME afternoon, after we landed in Los Angeles, Dean and I took a hike and I took the second picture. How can the same country have such disparate weather on the same day? We literally went from winter to summer in one day.

But...sometimes, the opposite happens. I had a sleepless night. My friend Beverly (from Chicago, now living in Wisconsin) has gone from summer to winter. Well...I wouldn't exactly call it summer. I'd say, chilly Spring to Deep Freeze. She's been battling cancer for a few years now. They just told her the other day: maybe, six weeks tops. Maybe.

She's taking her leave. Facebooking a lot of us, keeping her blog up to date. Incredible strength. Unimaginable difficulty. All I have to say is, (third picture) celebrate life and hold your loved ones close.

2 comments: