Thursday, April 22, 2010

Goofy Animals and Rhubarb






Why are animals so goofy? They just are, that's why. I have come across a few goofy animal shots that I'll share with you today. Here's my pal's two cats in Chicago, being badasses. Well, not really. But still, these pictures crack me up. Here's a few dogs in cars. What the heck...here's Drummer on the roof, reconnoitering. No surprise there.

I'm off next weekend to attend a pal's wedding in San Francisco. I'll be staying with my friend Janet. Janet and I used to live in Chicago and now we live out here. She has a killer recipe for rhubarb crisp, which I'll share with you. I love how simple this recipe is. Hardly any ingredients at all. Rhubarb is a hard sell for my meat and potatoes-lovin boyfriend, but a girl can dream. Here it is:

Rhubarb Crisp (Janet's)

2 cups rhubarb
1/4 cup sugar

1/4 cup flour
3 tbs. brown sugar
2 tbs. butter
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Put first two ingredients in a baking dish. Mix the remaining ingredients up with a pastry cutter. Pour over the top and bake at 350 for 1/2 hour.

Serve with ice cream!

2 comments: