Wednesday, January 30, 2013

First New Post in a Long Time

Oh yes it has - it's been a long time since I blogged.  I think I need to return to it.  There's a lot going on, and since I only have one blogger pal on here (who came to see me! wavewavewavewave) I can definitely vent.  Maybe not today, though.  Let's just say, I'm tentatively putting my toe back in the blogging pool.  Did I really only post once in 2012? Yup.  Oh well.  What's new in my world? Not much has changed.  I'm learning my sixth one woman show.  I'm still with Dean, still living in my new apartment. Went back home three times last year because my Mom had a slew of issues.  Still cooking, learning new recipes.  Still at the same jobs.  Those jobs in my apartment that needed completing? Still incomplete.  Oh well.  Sometimes, you have to let things slide a bit.  Especially out here.  This Sunday, I'm cooking for 14 people! My pal lives in a big new house in Manhattan Beach and I'm providing the food.  Here is the menu:  

Pumpernickel Grissini
Rosemary Flatbread
Whipped Feta and Lemon Dip
Creme Fraiche Horseradish Dip

Lacinato Kale with Pumpkin Oil, Balsamic Vinegar and
Provolone Crisps

Homemade Garlic-Onion Bread
Homemade Cultured Butter with Fresh Marjoram

Chicken Saltimbocca
Parsnip Puree

Whole Vanilla Bean Cookies
Nibby Buckwheat Cookies
Super Dark Chocolate Cookies

Sounds good, right? I swear I could do this for a living, but the only bummer is, dealing with the public.  Been there, done that, it's over.  Maybe I can just get friends to hire me?? I'm burying the lede here: I'm a little burned out on my job.  Oh well, who isn't? In these tough times, I'm lucky to be employed. 

The picture is from my local supermarket's parking lot.  Pretty amazing skies around here lately. 

All for now. 

1 comment:

  1. Kath

    I think Im sending my readers here. TEll us what was the most successful of those recipes and I'll post your blog name.
    Your font is so small it is hard for us to read. US. Fireman reads you too, but I'll be damned if he leaves many comments on irisheyes.

    Writing is so good for us.

    IM GLAD you are back

    ReplyDelete