Monday, February 4, 2013

That was a lot of work!

Hey - that was a lot of work - but worth it! Can you believe this is the view from my girlfriend's living room? It's a little blurry - but that's the ocean.  Ah-mazing.  Everything turned out great - except, my provolone crisps ended up like chewy rubbery pieces of gum in the salad.  That did not turn out well at all.  But pretty much all the other recipes were hits.  The two crackers listed in the last blog post are really the best.  Both come from Smitten Kitchen - do you know that website? I've talked about it before.  The flatbread recipe can be found on her website - the grissini recipe, well, you gotta buy the cookbook.  But here's a hint - if you go to her website and search Russian Black Bread, it's pretty much the same ingredients, scaled down.  So good.  Two of the cookies came from 101 Cookbooks, another great site. The dark chocolate sables came from Smitten as well.  Love me some Smitten.  She just posted those on her site the other day.  I also like Pinterest for recipes.  All for now.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for frequent posting and I love smitten too.

    Have you read the stick to your rib recipes on Pioneer Woman's sight?

    as for me, just nestle toll house cookies ..and not a one got burnt!

    ReplyDelete